Traditional surgical treatment of periodontal disease can often have a longer recovery time because cutting and suturing are required. At Venice Periodontics and Implant Dentistry, we offer the PerioLase MVP-7 Laser treatment, which allows us to perform minimally invasive laser treatment that can treat gum disease, save dental implants and even regenerate soft tissue and bone.
The PerioLase MVP-7 is a dental laser featuring digital technology with the power and versatility to perform a wide range of laser procedures. This laser targets gum disease-causing bacteria because it focuses purely on diseased tissue and completely disinfects the environment. Removing diseased tissue and targeting these bacteria allows the patient’s own tissue a chance to begin regeneration.
The PerioLase MVP-7 can treat:
- Periodontal disease
- Aggressive periodontal infection
- Ailing dental implants
- Bone regeneration
Dr. Lisa Turner of Venice Periodontics and Implant Dentistry is experienced in the use of lasers in periodontics, and certified in techniques using the PerioLase MVP-7 Laser. She can successfully treat gum disease by targeting the source of the inflammation without hurting or removing any healthy gum tissue.
Since virtually no cutting or suturing are required, recovery is minimized, which allows the tissues to heal more efficiently. The laser also helps disinfect the area for better healing, and the light frequency used promotes rapid new tissue growth in the gums and bone treated.
There are several benefits to this laser surgery as opposed to traditional gum surgery:
- Less pain, sensitivity, and bleeding – There is minimal post-operative discomfort since there is no cutting and stitching of the gums.
- Quicker recovery time – With no cutting or stitching, most patients can immediately return to their regular daily activities following the procedure. Traditional periodontal surgery usually requires a two to four-week recovery.
- Healthy gums with minimal recession – Since no tissue is cut, the gums stay intact, so they look the same after the surgery as they did before it.
- Regeneration without foreign materials – Since the laser stimulates your body’s own healing response, your dentist doesn’t have to add foreign ‘growth factors.’
- No medication changes or stoppages – Patients on blood thinners or other regimens do not have to stop taking any medications
- No downside – The only time that the treatment may not be suitable for you is if your periodontal disease is too advanced. In that case, you may require more traditional surgery.
Contact Venice Periodontics and Implant Dentistry to learn more. Call 941-497-5591.